We are pleased to provide the 2023 HR Suite content update. The policies were thoroughly updated to comport with recent developments in best practices, legal updates, and industry standards. As always, please ensure the updates are applicable to your specific state and workplace.
In the HR Policy Manual, 42 policies were updated, and two policies (Policy 7060 Severance Pay and Policy 7080 Working Hours) were retired and removed from HR Suite. In the Employee Handbook, 32 policies were updated.
The 2023 Update Overview provides information about this update including a full list of all the policies affected, and information on HR developments since the last update.
Some policies have been updated to include optional language. This language is highlighted in yellow and should be used or removed depending on your company practices and/or state and local laws.
The content update is written “generically” and provided to all clients who subscribe to our service. Consequently, such things as policy section numbers and text format may be different from yours. It will be necessary for you to adjust the update material accordingly. As with all our policies, you may need to modify these updates to meet your specific needs and ensure they comply with state and local legal requirements. You may also want your legal counsel to review the final version.
Separate zipped files for the HR Policy Manual and the Employee can be found in the library section of the online manual. The zipped files contain all of the redlined versions of the updated policies. All content changes are now available in the online Master Manual. It is important to note that when updates are made to the Master Manual, these updates do not automatically go into your Working Manual. We do not want to take the chance of overwriting your content or putting in content that may not apply to your organization.
Next Steps for your Organization
Using the “Overview” document linked below, and the “Tracked Changes- Redlined” information found in the zipped files in the online Library, review the changes for each policy, and for each policy decide if you want to:
- Do nothing and leave your Working Manual as is (usually only if the update does not apply to your organization, or you are not currently using the policy).
- Remove the policy from your Working Manual and bring in the updated policy in its entirety (usually if the Working manual version has little or no customization, or if our updates were very extensive and it would be easier to start with the updated content and re-customize for your organization). This option will remove all of your customization from your policy and will require you to re-customize the entire policy for your organization.
- Use the redlined version as a guide and manually incorporate the updates into your Working Manual version (usually if the updates were very minor, or if the Working manual version is heavily customized and it would be less work to manually add the updates rather than re-customize the policy). This option will allow you to keep all customization already in your policy.
The following documentation is available online to help you understand the updates and incorporate them into your Working manual:
- Update Overview - This lists all of the update contents and provides a brief overview of what was updated and why it was updated.
- HR Suite State Law Customizing Guide - This guide highlights some of the common areas where state law must be considered and integrated into the HR Policy Manual and Employee Handbook.
- Updating Your Working Manual - This document provides written instructions on removing the existing policy from your working manual and bringing in the updated policy in its entirety.
As with all the policies, you may need to modify these updates to meet your specific needs and ensure they comply with state law regulations.
We hope these additions benefit your organization and add value to HR Suite. Additionally, your concerns and suggestions are important as they help improve the quality of our products and services. Please contact us with your enhancement ideas so we may consider them for future updates.
Please contact the HR Suite support team at email@example.com if you have any questions about the content update or any other HR Suite related questions.